I've been tossing up starting a blog for a while now, only three things have held me back
1. I can't spell (sorry).
2. I can't take great photos.
3. Writing a blog would cut into my precious, precious sleep time.
I don't like being held back so I've created a blog. I will only apologise once for the bad spelling and grammar. (refer to the previously mentioned sorry in brackets).
This blog will not really cover all the cute little things that my girls or husband will be doing but more my fantastic (sleep deprived) journey through motherhood.
My reason for embarrassing myself and blogging so candidly (is that a word?.... oh where is Jeremy when you need him...) is to hopefully inspire others to not parent alone.
What I mean by not parenting alone is this...
The children we have been blessed to raise in this life are on loan. They were Heavenly Fathers children long before they were ours. We should never parent alone, we should be parenting with Heavenly Fathers help, and if I have learnt anything since Chloe was born it is this:
Heavenly Father WANTS to be hands on -helping Jeremy and I to raise our kids. To show you just how it works for me here is a list of things that just yesterday was revealed to me...
1. A bit of background:
Chloe sometimes decides that only on her terms will she get out of her car seat once we arrive home (usually this involves only me undoing her seatbelt). Yesterday she decided to exercise her God given free agency and not let us get her out while she talked incomprehensibly about why and then cry. Needless to say the fact that I was inside breastfeeding Jessica was a huge inconvenience. I had told Jeremy to try a few different things but none of them were working until.
The spirit told me to 'hide' under a blanket while I fed Jessica so that Chloe would be motivated and distracted from her original position and come and find me.
It worked.
It meant that we had a happy girl we could calm down and get to sleep instead of a grumpy clingy girl who would then become quite beside herself because I had to take care of Jessica and wouldn't have been able to cuddle her.
2.A bit of background:
After an exhausting day with Chloe down for the night and Jessica awake I was longing for the time when she would go to sleep too. I was ecstatic to find that she had fallen asleep while I had breastfeed her until...
The spirit told me that she would wake multiple times during the next hour but if I burped her each of those times when she stirred that she would be really asleep at the end of the hour so I could go to bed.
It worked.
This was a tender mercy for me, it meant that instead of spending the next hour annoyed that she woke multiple times - I knew what was coming and was more willing to take care of her needs, knowing that I would be able to go to sleep soon too.
3. A bit of background:
After yawning for the 5th time I wondered why I was so tired, I had, I though, had enough sleep the night before, but I felt exhausted.
The spirit told me that the white buns I had eaten during the day was making me tired.
Yet another tender mercy - and a huge reminder that bread does this to me - it had been a long time since I had had bread - I had forgotten. It was a welcomed reminder.
4. A bit of background:
It was about 10am and I was fresh out of ideas to keep Chloe engaged. I was half way through feeding Jessica and needed her to not realise that. She tends to want me more when she can't have me ie.when I'm breastfeeding or getting Jessica to sleep.
The spirit told me to get her to stand on the couch next to the dried washing and tell her to find a particular colour of clothing then throw it up in the air one item at a time.
It worked so well after she had finished she wanted to do it again and I was able to feed Jessica and do a few other things.
It's pretty obvious that Heavenly Father wants to be very involved in the raising of His children, in big ways and small ways. He has told me.
It is my job to ensure that my life is in order so I can hear and recognise those promptings or else I may just find myself parenting alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment