Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sick

My Mum is an amazing woman who during all her 9 pregnancies never complained. The amount of times I found her, more like walked in on as she was on her knees praying in the bedroom are to numerous to count. I thought it was because she liked praying. Now that I have been doing this Mum thing for a while I suspect that it was because she was desperate to get some help from on high 'cause lets face it - how much help could my siblings and I be... really? Sure we could do the dishes once in a while - without being asked or fold the washing while we watched TV... but she was carrying the weight of so much more than the dirty dishes and organising a bunch of kids. Now I understand.

Jess is sick and I have only just got her to sleep for the first time today F.Y.I. it is nearly 9pm. Poor baby, poor me, poor Jeremy. My normally sleepy, happy little 5 month old is sad and I have no idea why. Everything has stopped because of it. So I realise that some one has destroyed my house, there is not a surface clutter free and clean and dare I mention the 4 loads of washing sitting piled on the couch.

I need a maid...
I need a cook...
I need another me...

Scratch that.

I just need my Mum.

Utah seems light years away on days like this.

Only one thing left to do.

Be my Mum. ie.Stop complaining get on my knees to pray then get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment