A few days ago I wanted to make Banana bread and didn't have any white sugar so I found a recipe that uses agave instead. Agave is an amazing product - especially since sugar is so harmful in the state that we eat it in. The banana bread was amazing! I told Jeremy it is a shame agave cost so much (about $16) and a bottle would only make about 4 loaves of banana bread but a bag of sugar would make twice that amount for around $3.
Last night we spent $30 on Pizza (baby still sick, cooking would have put me OVER the edge). Now that all is said and done (and I'm eating super healthy pizza for breakfast) I wish I had just spend $30 on a few bottles of agave and had noodles for dinner.
Hindsight is gutting sometimes.
F.Y.I
Recipe for Moist Agave Nectar Banana Bread
1/2 cup Agave nectar
1/3 cup grape seed oil(you can use vegetable or olive oil as a substitute)
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup Mashed very ripe bananas
1/2 Cup all purpose flour
3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Optional: A pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or ground ginger
Preheat oven to 325
In a large bowl, beat oil, agave. Add eggs and mix well. Stir in banana's, vanilla. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Blend in chopped nuts. Spread into greased 9x5 loaf pan.
Back 55-60 minutes. ( I baked it for 25mins and it was done!)
Cool on wire rack 1/2 hour before slicing.
No comments:
Post a Comment