I must admit that I really haven't learnt the art of asking for help. And I believe that it is an art. I know some people who are brilliant at it. Me, well I suck. I have this complex that I don't want to make someone help me if they really, honestly don't. So instead of asking for help I just fill people in on my situation and let them listen and decide if they can/want to help.
This is not very effective, but I continue to do it.
I continue to be honest when people ask "How are you?"
I tell them "I'm wasted. I've had blank many hours sleep in the last 2 days"
"I'm over cleaning. I've spent all my spare time cleaning and I'm still swimming in a sea of washing and dishes"
"I need a break..." You get the point.
I know a woman who I don't see very often, but when I do, and she asks, and I tell her, she HELPS. The world needs more people like HER.
There is also something to be said for initiative.
I 'nails down a chalk board' the phrase "is there anything we/I can do for you?"
NO ONE SHOULD SAY THIS
We should just open our ears, eyes and hearts and DO. Because there is ALWAYS something you could do for someone.
My younger big brother is amazing. He showed up a few hours before he had to be at work and while he talked to me (while I fed Jess and managed Chloe) he cleaned my entire kitchen (washing and drying included) then left.
Nothing says I love you like using your initiative.
Because he opened his ears, eyes and heart I got to spend a whole hour playing with Chloe when her sister fell asleep. He gave me what I most desired that day, what I needed.
Time to play with my 3 year old.
No comments:
Post a Comment